In August this year, I turned 26 (defo feel both older and younger, age is so weird) and I shared 26 lessons I've learnt over the years on my Instagram. Everyone seemed to find it really helpful so I want to share it here too!
Here we go!
1. Your productivity doesn't define your worth.
2. You don't need to be with someone to be whole. You are whole on your own.
3. You can't help everyone, so stop trying.
4. Recharge yourself more than you charge your phone.
5. Look for joy in each day.
6. Gratitude is everything.
7. Swap expectation for appreciation.
8. When in conflicts ask yourself 'do I want to be right or do I want to be happy? '. Choose your peace of mind over 'winning'.
9. Stay hydrated, you'll always feel better.
10. You can't change people/force them to be someone they're not. They have to do that on their own.
11. Stop only seeing the potential in people and accept them for what they are. As @florencegiven says, you're not a start up investor.
12. The only thing you can control in life is yourself.
13. Boundaries are self love.
14. The only opinion of you that matters, is the one you have of yourself.
15. It takes more energy to hold a grudge than it does to let it go.
16. Other people winning doesn't mean you're losing. Be happy for others.
17. Fear of judgement from others will hold you back for as long as you let it.
18. It's OK to cheer for yourself. Being confident doesn't make you cocky.
19. Feeling negative emotions doesn't make you a negative person. It's healthy to feel ALL the feelings.
20. Your time and energy is your currency. Spend it wisely.
21. Putting yourself first isn't selfish, it's self full. You can't pour from a empty cup.
22. Real life isn't inside your phone on social media, it's right now.
23. Choose yourself over everything.
24. Never settle. You deserve the best.
25. Stop obsessing over how you look. The perfect body doesn't exist and the idea that it does is just brainwashing from the patriarchy, trying to distract womxn from their power.
26. Fuck the patriarchy.
For more in depth support you can join my monthly membership The Confidence Collective which is a super accessible group coaching container where we deep dive into all of the things you need to learn and address to become your most confident self.
Facebook: Georgia Holliday Coaching
Private Facebook Group for more in depth free content: Self-Care Queens
My podcast: The Self-Full Podcast