The other day I was thinking about how boring lunch can be. Sadly, some people are stuck in the 'school lunch box' vibe and eating the same dull thing for lunch every day! This makes me sad so I wanted to create a blog with some fun, easy and work place friendly lunch ideas. Most of these recipes are plant based because that's how I choose to eat, however, you can of course add meat/dairy products if that's your jam :)
Get yourself some wholemeal pita breads and cut them in half, this will make your pita pocket, then just add whatever fillings you like! Currently I am loving hummus, tomato and spinach (like in the pic above) but if you aren't veggie/vegan then you can add other things. Here are some filling combo ideas:
- Hummus, tomato & spinach *VG
- Vegan cheese, hummus & salad * VG
- Quorn chicken/ham, avocado & tomato *V
- Coleslaw, cheese and salad. *V
- Cheese, tomato & salad *V
- Chicken, hummus & tomato.
- Ham, coleslaw & salad.
Pastas & Salads (and pasta salads!)
Boil yourself some pasta (white or wholemeal, whatever your jam is), then add any of the following filings that float your boat!
- Olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, raw red pepper *VG
- Cherry tomatoes, spinach, olive oil *VG
- Feta cheese, tomatoes, spinach, cucumber, red onion, red pepper, olive oil *V
Soups and curries are a great option to reheat in work (or at home if you work from home!). Just take some chunky bread or a packet of microwave rice and you've got you're lunch! Try these wholesome and delicious combos!