So it is super cold here today and it's been one of those mornings where I just can't warm up! (Cold hands warm heart....or so my friend always tells me! Let's go with it!) So I made myself this immune boosting, anti-inflammatory, vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, almost vegan (I dolloped Greek yoghurt on top) plate of deliciousness. This recipe made enough for 2 so you could double the recipe and use it as meal prep for lunches at work!
1 tsp. Coconut Oil
1/2 red Onion, finely chopped
1 clove Garlic, peeled, crushed and finely chopped
1 tsp. Garam Masala
1/2 tsp. Turmeric
1 x 400g Tin of Chick Peas
1/2 Red Chilli (deseeded if you don't like it too spicy)
1 x 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
Add a Splash of Water
1 Big Handful of Spinach
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dollop of Plain Greek Yoghurt (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a big pan over a medium heat and once hot add the onion and garlic.
- Fry for 2-3 mins until the onion is soft then add your spices and stir for a further 2 mins.
- Add your chick peas and stir until coated with the spices (they will turn a lovely golden colour from the turmeric)
- Add the chilli and tinned tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 mins or longer for a deeper flavour.
- If you feel the curry is dry then add a splash of water (I just put a dash in the tinned tomato can and threw that in to loosen it up).
- Add spinach.
- Simmer until the spinach has wilted (you may want to add more at this point for an extra nutrient boost because it wilts to almost nothing!)
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve alone or with your favourite greens.
- I added a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt on top (because I'm obsessed) but if you want to make this recipe vegan and dairy free then opt for a vegan friendly yoghurt or coconut yoghurt.
This is a perfect one pan wonder and I am all about creating as little washing up as possible (I seriously hate washing dishes!) Simple to cook, easy to clean up, perfect for food prep and really yummy.
As always if you try this curry, send me a pic as I love seeing you girls try my recipes!
Love Georgia xx